AN OVERVIEW OF MY PRICES & SESSION FEES
WHY IS PROFESSIONAL CUSTOM PHOTOGRAPHY SO EXPENSIVE?
Custom portraiture is a one-of-a-kind experience. Custom photography is a very special and requires an investment of trust in the person that will be working with your baby.
This is not just paying for the actual photograph, you’re paying for time, experience and investment that photographer has put into their business. I have taken years to perfect my skills. I use only the best equipment to provide you with the best images you can get.
The cost of props, outfits, back drops, and equipment (lights, lenses, camera, online backup, software), rent, insurance and taxes is really huge (check the photos below).
It’s not just a photo session that you’re paying for. It’s the hours spent before, prepping and designing a session tailored just to you.
– Setup, preparation, talking to the client, etc.
– 2 – 4 hours shooting the photos
– clear up, and wash all blankets/props
– load images onto a computer
– back up the files on an external drive
– 3 – 5 hours of Adobe Photoshop time, including cropping, contrast, color, sharpening, and backing up edited photographs.
– 1 – 2 hours answer questions, receive order and payment, order their prints, receive and verify prints, package prints, schedule deliveries, and post.
I believe that photography is a personal and important investment. Hopefully this will help you understand why Custom Photography is more expensive. All photographers have different styles of photography, so not everyone will choose the same Photographer, but just make sure you chose your Photographer because you love their work, and not because they may be cheaper. Remember they are creating your memories which you will keep forever.